Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars Well...Tarkus is quite good...The suite is a very well crafted piece that I very much enjoy, especially Battlefield and Eruption. Its so musically intricate and difficult to play, they are perfectly in time and tune with each other, its amazing. Jeremy Bender? Catchy tune...nothing to write home about. Bitches Crystal? eh...well its not bad, I give it a listen. The Only Way? I absolutely love the tune and the Bach...the lyrics blow though...I like it when Lake doesnt try to take on issues...I believe in Jesus which makes the lyrics almost unlistenable. Infinate Space? Pretty good, I like hearing them just play. A Time and A Place? Good rocker...good organ solo, lyrics definatly not top notch though, Lake had much better on other albums. Are You Ready Eddy? Obviously its a throwaway...I won't blame them its interesting but I dont listen to it.

In all, if your an ELP fan, by all means, get this. If not, DONT START WITH THIS ALBUM! Its good but the lyrics on all the songs except "Tarkus" are subpar. The instrumention is pretty good but not the peak.

endlessepic | 3/5 |