King Crimson - Islands CD (album) cover

ISLANDS

King Crimson

ProgMetaller2112
3 stars Here is the fourth studio album by the greats known as the Crimson King it is entitled "Islands". I will again point what I like and don't like about it, here is the track listing and the pieces of music that it contains. I will talk about all of these songs individually and dissect the mother out of them.

1. Formentera Lady -An interesting piece but I feel this could have been done a lot better 7/10

2. Sailor's Tale -The best on the album experimentation done right 10/10

3. The Letters- Does not really do much for me 6/10

4. Ladies Of The Road -Sounds like the Beatles but not really that good 4/10

5. Prelude: Song Of The Gulls - Give me some rock, just a classically inspired Prelude doesn't go anywhere or do much for me it does lead to Islands, the album's epic 5/10

6. Islands- Pretty good jazzy piece except we could do without the ending. I hate it when bands let the recording continue when they are done playing it's annoying 8/10

Overall 40/60 out of 10 it would constitute a little less than a 7/10 out of 5 it is another average album 3.5 or so will do. The only highlight of this album is Sailor's Tale. Peace out!!!!

ProgMetaller2112 | 3/5 |