King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black CD (album) cover

STARLESS AND BIBLE BLACK

King Crimson

ProgMetaller2112
3 stars Here is the 6th studio album by King Crimson. I honestly have yet to find what is so great about this band. I get the fact that they were one of the first Prog Rock acts in Britain but I feel they are just an average band a tad bit overrated.What is the deal here. Why are they so loved by many here on PA(is it because they supposedly invented Prog Rock). Well let me tell you this. That's a slap in the face to Pink Floyd and The Nice and a few other bands (The Soft Machine) that tried doing different things in rock music which eventually became known as Progressive Rock. I understand that King Crimson tried to experiment but they end up wasting precious time and their improvs/experiments just really weren't that special in my opinion. Here is my review of Starless and Bible Black by the Crims. I'm gonna rate this mother good for all you

Here is the tracklisting

1. The Great Deceiver - The second best song on the album but I feel it tragically cut short it's missing something. The heath food faggot line(I don't really see a purpose in that unless they are deliberately trying to shock you) doesn't help plus John repeats the chorus a little more than needed 4/5

2. Lament - The song just does not get to me in any way just too short for my liking 3/5

3. We'll Let You Know - Experimentation gone wrong and it's just not long enough, way better than Moonchild though actually let me check that, this is even worse 2/5

4. The Night Watch - This one suffers like the others on the album, it's good but just too short 4/5

5. Trio - This classically inspired piece rather works more for those old television shows or documentaries rather than Prog Rock it's just not good enough it doesn't stand for anything at all 3/5

6. The Mincer - The song again suffers from length it's just too short for my liking the bass line is somewhat repetitive. This is crap actually it's nothing but gibberish and not remotely interesting 2/5

7. Starless And Bible Black - Yet again another experiment gone wrong better than Moonchild(let me check that again, this piece is horrific and worse than Moonchild) just not that interesting in my opinion. The more I hear it the more I dislike it 2/5

8. Fracture - This instrumental is probably the best on the album, probably the best Crimson instrumental 5/5

This is yet another decent album with some strong points but overall not quite that satisfying for me when compared to Larks Tongues(the previous release). You would think that the band would get better and better but instead I'm left with a dry feeling listening to this, I find myself saying "this band recorded Larks Tongues??" this album sounds uninspired, huge disappointment, I thought for once King Crimson had a great lineup but it's ruined here.Sad but true, how dare I (BLASPHEMY!!!, YOU GUYS ARE SCREAMING ON PA). I have a mind of my own though so get over it!!. Uh oh this album is even worst than I thought(ouch!!)

Overall the new rating is a 25/40 translates to about a 6/10 which translates to about 3 out of 5. Peace out!!

ProgMetaller2112 | 3/5 |