In Spe - In Spe CD (album) cover

IN SPE

In Spe

ghost_of_morphy
4 stars I will make this review short and sweet,.

Prog rock (especially symphonic prog rock) is often defined in a very off the cuff manner as a cross-pollination between rock music and classical music. Yet, when we examine the music more closely, it is clear that the rock side nearly always dominates. I can think of only a few Zeuhl albums where this is not true.

And it is not true for In Spe's first album. Which is not to say that there aren't some delightful light rock passages throughout this album, But what we have here is a wonderfully classically influenced album that entertains us with it's restrained classical sensibility. Four and a half stars from me.

ghost_of_morphy | 4/5 |