King Crimson - Red CD (album) cover

RED

King Crimson

ProgMetaller2112
3 stars Here is the 7th studio album by King Crimson and last before Robert Fripp decided to disband the band until Discipline. I will again point what I like and don't like about the album. This album was apparently a huge influence on Kurt Cobain of Nirvana fame(not really a fan of them though). They decided it was best for David Cross to leave the band( not so sure if was a good idea). I guess they thought we can do it with just Robert, John and Bill(there are guest appearances on here though). Here is King Crimson again getting happy and complacent about their sound, the guitar tone here sounds like Larks Tongues and Starless And Bible Black. They sound just like they did on Larks Tongues and Starless And Bible Black(or am I missing the point???). The only difference here though is that it's missing Jamie Muir and David Cross as stable members.However, there are advantages to this album are that it's way ahead of its time, this sounds like it could be recorded today. The freshness of it is a positive. But what do I think of the album???

Here is the track listing

1. Red - This song sounds like it is the precursor to Grunge(not a fan of the genre though) the guitar riff is a bit repetitive but it has a groove and it's good, surprisingly so the repetitive nature doesn't really bug me here. 9/10

2. Fallen Angel- Not really a big fan of it, decent song but it's missing something maybe it's missing some sense and emotion 7/10

3. One More Red Nightmare- This song is really good my personal fav of the album 10/10

4. Providence - Experimentation recorded live, a jam session gone terribly wrong worse than Moonchild I thought it could not get any worse 2/10

5. Starless -Epic song of the album(if you can call it that) but not a favorite of mine,the first half is really good but they tail off towards the end and they lose themselves(but not in a good way) it's overrated in my opinion, never really have gotten the buzz surrounding this piece. 7/10

Overall, this album gets 35/50 which equal to a 7/10 which out 5 is a 3.5. Good record but not a masterpiece. Robert Fripp decided to disband this band after this release because I bet he knew that they were getting fried and stupid and running out of ideas. Peace out!!!!!!!!!!

ProgMetaller2112 | 3/5 |