Rush - Hold Your Fire CD (album) cover

HOLD YOUR FIRE

Rush

Bupie
4 stars I can understand that Hold Your Fire doesn't fit to the Rush's pre-synths period fans since it's probably the band's most commercial work but it's the way I like them, with great melodies, sharp guitar riffs, groovy drums and the bass . well, listen to the middle section of "Prime Mover", it speaks for itself. Songs like the aforementioned or "Time Stand Still" are really outstanding. Besides, the disenchanted Peart's lyrics add a further dimension to the music. The first half of the album would IMHO deserve five stars but the second half has its ups and downs so I will go with a very solid four stars.

Sometimes, I feel that Rush's music creates some kind of an unbreathable metallic atmosphere. In the case of Hold Your Fire, you can fully breathe and enjoy.

Bupie | 4/5 |