Univers Zero - Heresie CD (album) cover

HERESIE

Univers Zero

RIO/Avant-Prog

admireArt
5 stars Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A major and unsurpassed (even by themselves) work of art. Without question, considering above everything else, the "league" these guys play on. What is astounding about this work also is that it has this kind of informal attitude like a coverage for a major work. RIO is supposed to oppose to established canons of progressive music; both in composition as in the marketing of the creative spirit of composers and musicians.

This I learned by luck, hanging around the "Decibel" people (founders of this movement here in Mexico) They hated "Yes" I remember; but also they presented me this masterpiece at the same time it was released in Europe. So I don´t care who they hated!...........

This is the best chamber music I have heard since Bela Bartók´s string quartets, I thought amazed. Composed by a somewhat new RIO band named Univers Zero. (amazingly considering also that this is their second record). A well threaded dark atmosphere surrounds the whole body of work. Once inside you will be taken to very eerie and inhospitable places and yet as in Dantes´s Inferno you will feel at home. No gimmicks are needed by this unit to get you there. Pure natural original compositions and performances. And of course it is not the thrill of going inside a "land of horrors"; in fact there is not such a thing. We already are living in one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you, me, them,... 5 progarchive stars