Bader Nana - Wormwood CD (album) cover

Bader Nana

5 stars This album stayed in my speakers for quite some time when I first discovered it in 2012. Wormwood is a great piece in every way, accessible and entertaining, yet musical and progressive enough to keep its listener addicted. In my opinion this is one of the best albums of 2011. It is full of interesting riffs, and nice melodies. Take the awesome track "Journey" for example. It begins with a grooving section with scifi lyrics, turning into a beautiful, hymn-like piece with some proggy riffs. Other highlights for me are the haunting "The Plague" and another groover "The Answers". "Destroyer of Worlds" is a satisfying mini-epic to end the album. The plot is like a typical hero story turned backwards, set into Space and Middle Age Earth. Playing is good, though not exceptionally technical or virtuose most of the times. This isn't a huge backlash for me, as shredding is not what this is all about. Highly recommended for fans of Spock's Beard, Ayreon, Neal Morse and Dream Theater and those who are not afraid of the neo-style approach.
Morsenator | 5/5 |