Quella Vecchia Locanda - Quella Vecchia Locanda  CD (album) cover

QUELLA VECCHIA LOCANDA

Quella Vecchia Locanda

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Argonaught
3 stars One of the Better "Ba-progue" Bands?

Well, there is no about that this album should make an enjoyable listening for those who like the baroque style in music (as I do). It's well put together and masterfully played. The album art is near-exquisite and in good synergy with the music.

Many may notice, and some may "bemoan" a few stretches of Quella Vecchia Locanda that sound like Genesis, shifting into Camel, sliding into ELO and then drifting into Tull. Or nearly :) But, I think we will all agree that being in the '70s serious music business and not being influenced by any of those bands would have been unlikely.

This album, along with the follow-up Il Tempo Della Gioia, definitely belong on one of the top shelves of the symph rock. I am not sure why Quella Vecchia Locanda didn't keep marching on for at least a couple years past their sophomore album. I wish they had.

Argonaught | 3/5 |