Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars Wow! I was blown away when I heard this for the first time. Especially 'Take The Time' is a real prog-classic to me. Alright.. this album is very Yes-inspired.. I love that. It's the only DT-album that doesn't sound too much like loud metal-music. This is at least their most symphonic and maybe artistic one ever. Scenes From A Memory is great also, but the songs on this album are touching me more, emotionally. Great moments: The guitar-solo of 'Another Day' (who said that this music is emotionless?), the middle part of 'Take The Time', the solos on 'Metropolis Pt. 1 and the guitar-solo on 'Under A Glass Moon'. Yes, it are the solo's that make this music exciting, but let's not forget John Myungs great bass-playing and James LaBrie's wonderful high voice. It's his best vocal performance for DT ever, IMO.

Great album!! A universal 'everybody-must-have' prog-album. 5 stars for sure!

ProgRob | 5/5 |