Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II CD (album) cover

GENESIS REVISITED II

Steve Hackett

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars It's a good thing that someone invented the word "recreation". Fear not, we have masters at the helm, because who else should do it than such ensemble of skilled musicians (the best of the best? britain go go). As far as I can tell, these songs are very faithful "updated" versions of the old classics. Of course, there are weaker pieces (as this is compilation album I regularly listen to only about 2/5 of them). The ending section (last 2 minutes) of The Musical Box is a bit weaker than the original. What strikes me though is how similar to Gabriel the vocals are (in SR, DWtMK, TMB especially). Funny thing how Hogweed got recreated by the same Neal Morse not so long ago (Transatlantic, album Whirlwind), but it works.

'fcourse it works, but only if you're rather not preferring the originals. After all, they cannot be replaced and their "old" sound only adds to the experience, right ?

To each its own.