Indukti - S.U.S.A.R. CD (album) cover

S.U.S.A.R.

Indukti

Experimental/Post Metal

Mellotron Storm
5 stars This is one of the best records I have heard in some time. I just am having trouble expressing in words what my ears have heard. Often when a new band comes upon the scene and everybody is raving about them, it's all hype. You finally get the record and you wonder what the fuss was all about, the expectations were too high. Well I can asure you this Polish band surpassed my expectations and then some.

The first song "Freder" starts softly with some gentle harp (is there any other kind ?) then around the two minute mark they start to kick in.THEY'VE KICKED IN ! Big time ! Then the violin comes in, then they back off, then they kick in again ! The violin plays over the heavy drums and guitar. Absolutely loving it ! "Cold Inside" is a beautiful dreamy song with acoustic guitars and the amazing warm voice of RIVERSIDE's Duda. Great song !

"No-11812" is an instrumental. Scorching guitar with drums out front and heavy, and lots of great violin play. "Shade" features Duda again, and you can't help but be reminded of RIVERSIDE. "Uluru" is bone crushingly heavy, I love the combination of bass guitar and drums with some great guitar lines thrown in the mix topped off with a hefty dose of violin. "No-11811" is another fantastic instrumental. We're not worthy ! Next up is "Weak", the longest track and part 2 of the second song "Cold Inside". I like the bass playing on this one and it ends as the record opened with some harp melodies.

This is a masterpiece, i'm so impressed. Bravo !

Mellotron Storm | 5/5 |