Black Sabbath - Tyr CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

3 stars There are not many friends of mine who would agree when I say that "Tyr" is a really enjoyable album. Maybe there are not many people whatsoever who'd agree but it's true: "Tyr" is quite an album. Upon release I was truly delighted. Now not so few years later I'm pleased with it and that's quite enough.

"Tyr" is not as heavy as "Headless cross" but it holds it's own. There's a majestic feel about several songs. "Jerusalem" is a great song, which takes the breath out of me every time I listen to it. Then there's the epic highlights of "The sabbathstones","The battle of Tyr" and "Valhalla". For me theseare truly enjoyable songs which proves that Sabbath ALWAYS are able to deliver quality stuff. ("Forbidden" excluded.) "The law maker", "Anno mundi" and the ballad "Feels good to me" are songs of quality but sooner forgotten than the rest on the album. The only real bomber is "Heaven in black" which is an appaling song.

"Tyr" is an album worth exploring.

GruvanDahlman | 3/5 |