Area - Caution Radiation Area CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars I lived in Milan from 1972 to 1974, the undergraound student movement was embraced by this band, who personified the ideals of the time. I saw them twice as a student, and fell in love with their story, feelings and music. Area is the best italian band bar none, and getting very close to being one of the best bands ever (and I have seen a few). I certainely would not classify this music as prog rog, but a mixture of arab,greek, italian and european style mixed with jazz. Listen to it first, feel the power and the musical movement first. I reccomend a burst of Area to anyone, just make sure you don't have a week heart ! Unfortunealty there is nothing else to compare them too, the singing and the playing is quite unique.
| 4/5 |