Museo Rosenbach - Zarathustra CD (album) cover

ZARATHUSTRA

Museo Rosenbach

Rock Progressivo Italiano

OpethGuitarist
4 stars Progressivo Italiano is a genre I have started to delve into, and I have liked what I've found! The mellotron is overdone to an extent, however, I seem to enjoy the note choices more than I would from GENESIS. This is a very sharp and heavy record for the times, surely it put many people on the edge in that regard.

It's not essential to understand what's being spoken. Myself I am not much into lyrics to begin with, as I much more enjoy what's actually being played than what's spoken or sung. I don't understand a word of what's being said here on this album, yet I still thoroughly enjoy it. The melodies are top notch, some of the best mellotron melodies I've heard. Although the production is not all there, it's still extremely enjoyable and intellectually stimulating. I'd love to hear a perfect modern release of this original.

The "big piece" title track is full of wonderous instrumental interplay and driving guitar lines that really spice the piece up. A near masterpiece, and certainly a wonderful work of symphonic prog, regardless of language.

OpethGuitarist | 4/5 |