Radiohead - OK Computer CD (album) cover

OK COMPUTER

Radiohead

OpethGuitarist
3 stars A very refreshing look at prog and rock in general, OK Computer is full of moving passages, and other parts which are likely to lull you to sleep. I'd say that a majority of this comes really close to post-rock, with the music focusing more on atmosphere than structure, but certainly lacking in the refinement of the elite post-rock bands.

I would equate this to Moving Pictures, in the sense that you have a few really great songs, which are extremely popular, and the rest of the album is fairly mediocre. Paranoid Android, like Tom Sawyer, are the extraordinary tracks which are masterpieces by themselves.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but a great deal of the writing seems like it was designed to put you off. The coldness and "computerized" nature of the album is not particularly captivating. The intriguing voice of Yorke puts him right up there with Lee and Anderson in terms of uniqueness. I just wish the album had more to offer than the first three songs. Regardless, this is a great 90's rock album, a "classic" that will most likely stand the test of time.

OpethGuitarist | 3/5 |