Sun Caged - Sun Caged  CD (album) cover

Sun Caged

3 stars Sun Caged came to my attention after buying STAR ONE's live DVD, as well as Joost van den Broek playing on various AYREON releases, and later, AFTER FOREVER. Sun Caged's debut is some fine progmetal, if somewhat heavy-duty at times. Lightning guitars, electrifying keys, blended with samples and everything. Sometimes I like a part, and sometimes I don't. And some make me think "Those guitars are going to break any moment", especially in songs like "Sun Caged" and "Secrets Of Flight".

I'm not going to review every song, as I'm not fully up to date about this album, but from what I've heard, it's a iron-strong debut. I'll likely buy their second album "Artemisia", but seeing them live...? I doubt I'm going to. Now, Andre Vuurboom's new band SPHERE OF SOULS, on the other hand...

Yours, Tailscent