Dredg - El Cielo CD (album) cover

EL CIELO

Dredg

Mellotron Storm
3 stars 3.5 stars Very enjoyable record. A collection of good songs done in a similar style about the topic of sleep paralysis (yes it's a concept album). The songs may be basic but the singing is not.The highlight of this record for me is the amazing vocals of Gavin Hayes. The drums play an important role as well, and are prominant. The guitar, although very active doesn't standout in the way of solos or riffing.

Highlights for me are "Same Ol' Road" with nice drumming and soothing vocals. "We must be strong" is a very catchy line in that song. The vocals are so good on "Sanzen". Another good song is "Triangle". "People are born in the same place they go to pass away" is an interesting, thought provoking line. "Canyon Behind Her" the last song is quite infectious as well. Almost an anthem like chorus that cries "Does anybody feel this way, does anybody feel like I do".

There is some nice piano and keyboard playing throughout this record as well. Good record, just don't fall asleep people.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |