Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE

Steve Hackett

wehpanzer
4 stars I have always liked Hackett's Voyage of the Acolyte. This album is a long lost Genesis record, without the name added to it. Rutherford plays bass and Collins pounds the skins, as well as adding his vocal talents. Hackett is superb in his guitar playing and his compositions on this album. In fact, his imminent departure from Genesis was because of their inability to recognize his work as a valuable asset.

Ace of Wands, Hands of the Priestess, a Tower Struck Down, Star of Sirius, and Shadow of the Hierophant are the highlights from this album, and all are fantastic. This is definately symphonic prog at its best.

Personally, I love this album more than the Lamb, as I find it much more cohesive. If I couold give half stars, I would give it 4 1/2 stars in total.

wehpanzer | 4/5 |