Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water CD (album) cover

Chris Squire

5 stars One of the few solo albums by a Yes group member that I think is absolutely essential for a prog collection. When I heard Squire's realatively Spartan approach to the music on this album (Squire on bass and vocals, Bruford on drums, Moraz on keyboards - although Squire does throw on some guitar once in a while) and the power behind his bass...WOW! I as absolutely blown away. Listening to the album I realized at the time that it was epic. This is the one member who absolutely got it, and deserved to have success (I'm not saying the others aren't good -Wakeman's Six Wives is a prog classic, Anderson's Olias is very, very good, Howe's Beginnings is good, White's Ramshackled is...interesting). However, this was all that we would hear from Chris for a few decades. Hold Out Your Hand is a song that should have been a huge hit - prog or not. Oh well, I listen to this at least once every couple of months and have done so since it came out. Get it, you'll enjoy it. I do.
wehpanzer | 5/5 |