Nektar - Remember The Future CD (album) cover

REMEMBER THE FUTURE

Nektar

Psychedelic/Space Rock

evenless
4 stars I had never heard of NEKTAR before until I read some reviews on their albums on Prog Archives, so I decided to get my hands on "Remember the Future".

NEKTAR is commonly mistaken to be a German band instead of a British band, probably because the band formed in Hamburg, Germany and their playing style which is influenced by Krautrock.

"Remember the Future - Part One" is a fine track which instantly makes you happy. A bit strange maybe, because a lot of prog-rock seems to be somewhat depressive. I'm not saying I don't like depressive songs, on the contrary! I usually prefer listening to depressing songs rather than listening to happy songs. Probably because depressive music often seems to be a lot more sophisticated.

"Remember the Future - Part 2" is another nice track with resemblance of Part 1.

I completely love the middle section of this track "Lonely Roads". This song sounds a bit more pessimistic and therefore more suited to me. I especially like the emotion in Roye Albrighton's voice and guitar!

Track 3, 4 and 5 are bonus tracks on the CD 2002 re-issue and can be seen as parts from "Remember the Future Parts I & II".

I would not call this album essential, because I had never heard of the band until just a few weeks ago and I wonder if they had great influence on other band, therefore I will rate it by 3,5 stars: An excellent addition to any prog music collection!

evenless | 4/5 |