Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars Porcupine Tree's Deadwing was my initiation to their work. While it is not my favorite Porcupune Tree album, it is in my top three. The album features guest spots by Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth and Adrian Belew of King Crimson and the Talking Heads.

The extended cuts are, to me, the best ones on the album: Deadwing, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here and Glass Arm Shattering are the highlights. Some of the shorter cuts such as Shallow, Halo, and Lazerus are likewise of the highest quality.

However, the rest of the tunes are just alright. Nothing great, but nothing horrible either.

Overall, an excellent album, but one with flaws. A solid four star effort.

wehpanzer | 4/5 |