Porcupine Tree - Futile CD (album) cover

FUTILE

Porcupine Tree

wehpanzer
5 stars Futile is the best EP from Porcupine Tree, as far as I'm concerned. Many of the songs would have fit nicely onto In Absentia. I received the download from Burning Shed, so I will review that version of the EP.

Collapse is the sparser arrangement of Collapse Light Into Earth from In Absentia, so would have fit nicely onto that album. Drown With Me is one of the finest trackest evere recorded by Porcupine Tree as far as I'm concerned and is easily in my top five PT song list. Orchida and Chloroform continue the saga of the In Absentia album, fitting as well as any of the songs on there.

I think that if they had made In Absentia a double album with these tunes on Futile as well as a couple more. An excellent collection to add to your progressive rock archives.

wehpanzer | 5/5 |