IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic 2013 Remix CD (album) cover

TALES FROM THE LUSH ATTIC 2013 REMIX

IQ

sussexbowler
2 stars If I'd known that this album came from the 1980's, I'd have been more reluctant to try it... But, having said that, 'The Wake' came after, and that's a great album!

What we have on 'Tales' is a band perhaps intent on establishing their own Prog sound, but it doesn't really deliver. This certainly doesn't compare to Marillion's 'Script', which fairly immediately sounded like the Genesis we thought we'd all lost.

No, it's unrefined 80's neo-prog, played too fast for my taste. The music isn't allowed to breathe sufficiently. Better production could have dealt with this, but we WERE dealing with a new sound, so maybe it's excusable. I'm hit and miss with IQ, but this one doesn't do much for me.

I can only applaud the fact that there's a live DVD with the package, and the booklet is splendid, though completely unreadable because the type's too small...

Fantastic value overall, though a shame I didn't really get much out of the music!

sussexbowler | 2/5 |