IQ - The Wake CD (album) cover

THE WAKE

IQ

sinslice
4 stars When I hear the first sounds of Headlong, which form Nicholls's voice and keyboards of Orford, I go back to my youth when I discovered this sensational album. Symphonic purists '70s with whom exchanged, ironically despised. The neo prog was an affront to the ideals of the pillars of the symphony.

A fantastic album that time placed and continue to place as a classic of the genre.

Outer Limits, The Magic Roundabout and Widow's Peak form the basis of this masterpiece, along with the aforementioned Headlong. In presenting Underground tour, enjoyed excellent performances of some of these songs, as well as the title track.

Each band member plays a significant role, outlined the work of Paul Cook. I consider it the best drummer of progressive neo. It gives a prominent musical flight. Essential! 4,5

sinslice | 4/5 |