Gong - Radio Gnome Invisible Part 1 - Flying Teapot  CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

4 stars ...and then came Gong. From nowhere. I hade never heard of them before and I had no way of finding out, since this was before internet. Anyway, I found this CD in a record store and the cover caught my eye, the year of release made me decide there and then - I just had to have it.

I had no pre-conceptions and thus I was totally unprepared for it's contents. Wow! I was and am blown away by this amazing, spacey, out-there, fabolous album. It is a weird but together album. It falls perfectly in place. Crazy lyrics and musical landscapes which in a way defies description. For me this is the highlight of Gong's career. A great album, worthy of praise and ownership. Give it a go. You won't be the same afterwards.

GruvanDahlman | 4/5 |