The Dear Hunter - Act III: Life and Death CD (album) cover

The Dear Hunter

4 stars A pleasant collection of more Beatles-like indie-pop-oriented prog all composed and organized as the third installment of a six-album concept story concerning the life of a boy at the turn of the 20th Century. Though I have not been drawn in to much of the other Dear Hunter discography, this one is pretty engaging and not too dull or repetitive. To me this is a lot like MUSE and DOVES.

Favorite songs: "Life and Death" (5:46) (8/10), "The Tank" (4:39) (8/10), "What It Means to Be Alone" (4:50) (8/10).

3.5 stars rounded up for great production sound, creativity, and ambition--and for the reminder that when we die, we die alone.

BrufordFreak | 4/5 |