Voyager - The Meaning of I CD (album) cover

THE MEANING OF I

Voyager

The Mystical
4 stars This album is a must have for serious fans of progressive metal.

"The Meaning of I" is one of those albums that you will know is special, even on first listening. It is a concept album about a man who searches within himself for self-meaning and the story is beautifully portrayed through the heavy yet beautifully melodic music. The album begins with "Momentary Relapse of Pain", the heaviest track on the album and is followed by the synth driven "Stare Into the Night" and the albums deepest and most beautiful song "Seize the Day". Other highlights of the album are are "The Pensive Disarray", "The Meaning of I", "Are You Shaded" and "Fire of the Times".

Voyager deserve much more attention than they have. They have made a large step up in quality since their previous efforts, and in my opinion, they are comparable to the larger faces of prog metal in terms of musical quality.

This album is an excellent addition to any progressive rock or metal collection.

The Mystical | 4/5 |