Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift  CD (album) cover

JURASSIC SHIFT

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Mr. Mustard
4 stars After having been quite impressed by Erpland, I decided to get Jurassic Shift. In most ways this almost an identical copy. The general sound and style is the same; they still rely on a perfect mix of spacey and psychadelic atmosphere and upbeat, technical, and energetic instrumentation.

This is a bit shorter than Erpland, which is good because there really aren't any weak songs here. 'Sunchair,' 'Stretchy,' 'Feng Shui' 'Jurassic Shift' and Vita Voom are all top notch tracks.

Though, if I were to call anything weak it would probably have to be 'Half Light In Thillai,' and to a lesser extent 'Pteranodon,' and 'Train Oasis.' They all have an amazing atmosphere, especially the dark, brooding atmosphere of the first, but not the same energy as some of the others.

Though I really liked Erpland, I must say I enjoy this one more overall. It's shorter, more concise, and simply more fun to listen to.

7/10