Runaway Totem - Trimegisto  CD (album) cover

TRIMEGISTO

Runaway Totem

Zeuhl

The Mystical
3 stars "Trimegisto" is the eccentric debut from Runnaway Totem. The album is truly strange. There are points in this album where I feel that they have substituted the quality of their material for the quirky weirdness of their sound. But the experience is unique and some points of this album are exceptional.

The musicianship here is quite good. While I do think that the band could have worked for some more interesting material, they have crafted quite an interesting debut. There are points in this album that I find very unnerving, which is probably why I have not liked this album more. I do not think that this is a bad thing, in fact I commend the band on creating such a chilling mood.

The two best tracks on the album are Sancta Santorum and Ala Di Corvo. Sancta Santorum is a chilling track, with a very catchy melody and excellently arranged instrumental parts. Ala Di Corvo is a fast paced track with some excellent guitar work. Both tracks stand out as excellent, and I suggest them as introductions to the album.

I like this album, even though I am still not quite used to it. I recommend to those looking for a dark and unique progressive experience.

The Mystical | 3/5 |