Big Big Train - English Electric (Part One) CD (album) cover

Big Big Train

2 stars I have made a number of honest attempts to "educate" myself into liking this band (and this album). But, no serendipity has not materialized. It's time to say something :)

There are way too many bands, making way too much music that is (IMO) unoriginal and unremarkable in; life is to short to pay attention to those.

But, English Electric's Big Big Train has been on the top of 2012 prog chart forever and a day, and reviews have been so consistently flowery so I felt like I needed to come back and 'reconsider".

I can't really say anything positive about English Electric Part 1 (or part 2, for that matter). No, I'll take it back: the music is not unpleasant .. it's certainly a plus .. but, in absence of fresh musical ideas and cliche-like execution would that be enough for a "good" rating?

Two stars, therefore .. nice weekend to everybody!

Argonaught | 2/5 |