Friendship Time - Friendship Time CD (album) cover

Friendship Time

4 stars What ??? Only 13 ratings and 3 reviews. This are a pitiful number of reviews !!! This album deserves more attention !!! Because , besides being excellent album, the band formation are somewhat unusual in progressive rock ( 2 guitars and none keyboard ). I know which in P A line- up from the band make a mention " Martin Cehra/Electric Bass and Mellotron", however, the mellotron almost don't appears along the 7 tracks. Even so , the musical structure reach for the band is fantastic!!! One track is very different to other, a fact which already is a strong point in this album. The track 1 "Anonymiteten" presents a main theme where you can feel the "fugue" guitar melodies, the track 2 "Engine" is a "celebration" theme where the band showing their skilled style in any forms including a countless drums rhythmic changes, bass guitar solo and incridible guitar scales (like Howe's moods). I be able to enumerate various virtuosity moments , even so I think ... is better hear this fantastic album, because all tracks are great. My only restrictrion is, since you have 2 guitar players in the band I miss some acoustic guitars lines in counterpoint with the other electric guitar and only for this I not give the maximum quotation. My rate is 4 stars !!!
maryes | 4/5 |