Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

CLOSE TO THE EDGE

progpunk67
5 stars I bought this album in 1978, after an older friend suggested I might like the album and the band. This is when my love of prog-rock began. This is undoubtably the greatest Yes album ever made, and it may well be the greatest prog album of all time. As a teenager, I listened to side 2 (And You And I, & Siberian Khatru) so much that I had to buy a second copy. It was only with this second purchase that I started to heavily listen to Close To The Edge.

I don't know of more than 2 or 3 albums I can call perfect- this is one of them.

26 years later, this is still the greatest prog album I've ever heard. I can always find something new when I listen and very few albums have the emotional power that CTTE packs.

progpunk67 | 5/5 |