Yes - Relayer CD (album) cover

4 stars Relayer is a great prog album. Anyone who disagrees is flat out wrong. The only problem with Moraz's only album on the keys with Yes, is that The Gates of Delirium is so good that the rest of the album cannot match up.

The first time I heard "Gates", my life changed forever. I saw what it was possible for a rock band to accomplish and it absolutely blew me away. It is Yes's crowning achievement, in a decade of incredible highs.

I must admit that I rarely listen to "Sound Chaser" and "To be Over". That is the only reason I am giving this album 4 stars. "Gates" is the greatest single prog song ever recorded in my opinion, and no one should be without this epic. And let me say that while I don't often listen to "Sound Chaser", Howe's guitar work on this track is flat out some of the best of his career.

progpunk67 | 4/5 |