Focus - X CD (album) cover

X

Focus

Menswear
4 stars Someone spiked the cornflakes or what?

Focus is giving one nasty lesson to youngsters with their newest album: don't underestimate us. The drums are fantastic, proving that Van der Linden still have plenty of gasoline in the tank. Where does he get such energy? And Van Leer is equally essential as before, he's still vigorous on piano and upmost at the flute. Probably my favorite flutist of all-time, he jumps from shredding to jazz licks with ease.

The guys are in splendid shape and they treat us with an album above your average contemporary band with loads of techs but with no feel. I don't see why people would snub this album, it sports everything proggers love, from the sci-fi cover to the jazz rock instrumentals we all know and love.

A real follower of the spirit of the 70's and another great entry in their gallery.

Menswear | 4/5 |