Yes - Yesshows CD (album) cover

YESSHOWS

octopus-4
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars Respect to Yessongs there's a Bruford less and Moraz replaces Wakeman on a couple of tracks, the opener is again, as I suspect in all the concerts of that era, the Firebird's Suite by Stravinskij, but this time it's Parallels the first YES song of this double vinyl....it's double, not triple. This is another difference.

As in the previous live the sound quality is not the best, but again, this is how a live should sound. A perfect sound quality is always pleasant, but you risk to make the live atmosphere evaporate. However Ihave to admit that the sound quality of this live album is effectively a bit below the average.

It's "only" a double. I have a triple bootleg from the same tour and that tracklist would have been really amazing, but this official bootleg is a very good complement to Yessongs as it contains trakcs from Tales From Topographic Oceans and Going For The One plus something from Tormato and also "Time and a Word" on which Wakeman adds asomething respect to the original version.

Going For The One is a little accelerated but I like too much this song, which first conquered me to YES, so it doesn't matter, also because it has Howe in a very good shape.

Moraz plays on only two songs, but they occupy about 51 minutes of the album

It's a pity that Ritual(Nous Sommes DU Soleil) had to be split in two parts because of vinyl limits, but it's more a pity that Wonderous Stories is cut to an excerpt only. One of my favorite YES songs is shortenet to 1/5 of its original length.

In any case, "songs and shows" together are the ultimate anthology of the YES classic period. Before the rating, let me add a word for one artist who is not on those two live albums. So long Peter Banks.

octopus-4 | 4/5 |