Yes - Open Your Eyes  CD (album) cover

OPEN YOUR EYES

Cristi
2 stars Open Your Eyes is not at all a bad album, but to YES standards, it is their weakest efforts. The music seems faint and lacks energy, I think this is the main problem. Another problem is that the music is pretty forgettable; honestly, you can't remember much after a listen, no song really draws the attention of the listener (and mine), as much as one listens to the album. The songs are correctly played and sung but the music seems to be going nowhere and seems plain; I cannot even select a song as a highlight, as best song.

I'm not overpretentious or expect only masterpieces from my favourite bands; I enjoy 90125, Big Generator, Talk and Union, but I cannot say the same thing about Open Your Eyes. I can live without this album. All these being said, my conclusion is avoid this album. I never thought I would say that about a YES album.

Cristi | 2/5 |