Threshold - Hypothetical CD (album) cover

2 stars Having bought "Critical Mass" prior to this CD, I was disappointed in that "Hypothetical" was full of cliched plodding metal riffs, and almost totally lacked any variation in tempo or volume for that matter. Every song sounded the same. The one saving grace were the vocals, In his quieter moments Mac has a style and sound which is not unlike Geddy Lee of Rush. I think Mac is a good singer for this type of music.

This CD is not to my personal taste, and in my opinion anyone who wants to sample Threshold should listen to "Critical Mass" instead.

jheels | 2/5 |