Opus Symbiosis - Nature's Choir CD (album) cover

Opus Symbiosis

4 stars I have been playing 'Nature's Choir' on a regular basis since I received it. Everything is perfectly placed and well-balanced: at times complex, but never straying away from the inexplicable attraction. So many ideas flit around this record to accomplish different elements in one construction. The production has been done with attention to details. The heartfelt layered voice of Christine Sten sounds wonderfully impressive. Victor Sagfors is a talented guitarist who does maintain a high profile throughout. Yet he manages to remain on the same level with other partners (Staffan Stromsholm, Erik Herman Lillkung and Jafet Kackur are capable to supply a strong framework). Such a true virtue any progressive group should be proud of. Certainly, there're lines of influence here. A little touch of The Gathering, a hint of Paatos, a pinch of White Willow. But these comparisons need to cease, as 'Nature's Choir' stands perfectly straight and tall upon its own bed-rock! We are dealing with the excellent band that has it all: knowledge (how), composition wise, great talent and passion for music. I'm sure that Opus Symbiosis have delivered a superb sophomore album that illustrates an enormous leap forward in the positive sense. This brave quintet deserves our attention.

PH | 4/5 |