Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water CD (album) cover

FISH OUT OF WATER

Chris Squire

sinslice
5 stars A solo album, played by a great band

An excellent musician, surrounded by great companions wisely. If we add the almost unbeatable composition issues, we have a unique album. The excellence of those who accompany Squire, is evident in the masterful performance of each section. There is a clear relationship with fellow Yes, added to the orchestral arrangements, the flute and sax parts here and there, including the trumpeter specializing in Baroque music, John Wilbraham.

I do not consider necessary to review every song. Obviously, the largest take the top laurels. The low figure in all the numbers on the disc, with energy and virtuosity but without being a one-man protagonist. The overall construction of the songs is the main thing.

Some also are remarkable vocals and lyrics. That is evidenced by Silently Falling and Safe (Canon Song).

After this statement, it is clear that there is no waste in this offering, at least for me.

sinslice | 5/5 |