Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

OpethGuitarist
4 stars MDK is an album that is perhaps one of the most pretentious works I have, yet, the majority of this still works. Combining elements of tribal drums, operatic vocals, with large doses of jazz, and an even larger dose of mere creativity. To say this album is interesting is an understatement.

The first track is one I am instantly drawn to, as it reminds me of a battle theme from Lord of the Rings, it would fit perfectly with it. When the horns come in at 2:20, I feel the power in myself that the music has. The speed picks up with the 2nd track, with a symphony like atmosphere with lots of repetition and a thundering background.

Vocals are the name of the game with this album. Always dramatic and full of meaning, even if you don't necessarily understand that meaning. That being said, the repetition can be a bit much at times. The first half of the album is better than the second. Still, one of the most creative and interesting albums I own.

OpethGuitarist | 4/5 |