Black Sabbath - Tyr CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

4 stars A further step ahead for the band in its new incarnation - I've always seen it as Sabbath's Viking album. Easily the best of the Tony Martin fronted albums up to that time. This version of Black Sabbath was in no way ground breaking as the early Sabbath albums were but it's definitely worth a listen - the old Sabbath sound makes a return with the track "the Sabbath Stones". Best tracks on the album imo are "Anno Mundi", "Jerusalem" and "Feels good to me". I was no longer a Sabbath fanboy at this point in Sabbath's journey but the music was more than alright as far as I was concerned. It was still Sabbath and although I no longer loved it I liked it well enough. For me, relating to Black Sabbath nothing will top the first 6 Ozzie albums. Having said that I enjoy the Ozzie solo albums however I'm not disposed to rush out and purchase any of his releases - I enjoy them in bits and pieces. Four stars from me for the album.
sukmytoe | 4/5 |