Rush - Hold Your Fire CD (album) cover

3 stars This album still presents Rush caught in the 80's whirlpool as was the previous album. There are no tracks on the album that shout to me that they are present and standing to attention. It's an innocuous album that is pleasant enough background music for me. There is no way that I would rush (heh heh) out and buy this album however if it landed in my collection I wouldn't set fire to it either. The trouble for me with this album is the same as it was with the previous album - if I play with a puppy I would like it to be feisty and bite me. This thing doesn't bite, or growl either - it just kind of sits there and looks cute. A three star album for me - saved from two stars because hell, it is Rush after all, and as I emphasised nothing here is worth lighting a cooking fire for to find out if it's edible as opposed to listenable.
sukmytoe | 3/5 |