Rush - Snakes & Arrows CD (album) cover

5 stars A return of the band as I would have expected them to be - the best effort since "Grace under Pressure" in my opinion. This isn't the Rush of old but then this is Rush in 2007 - the music is powerful and interesting. The band survived the eighties and the nineties and now they present us with music that is good and interesting - the metal sounds of yore are very much gone and the approach is very much heavy progressive here. To list the tracks that I enjoy here would be to list all of the tracks and accordingly I will not go into that exercise. In a way I miss the sound of Rush in the 70's and the early 80's however this is a more mature, "together" sound and I find myself drawn to it. I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars here but if I forget Rush of old then it is easier to make the decision - this for me is a 5 star album as it represents the new very good sound of Rush while showing sparks (of the music style that I loved back then - not the quality, which is different but damn good) from times past . Good on yer Rush.
sukmytoe | 5/5 |