Il Bacio Della Medusa - Discesa agl'inferi d'un giovane amante CD (album) cover

Il Bacio Della Medusa

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars Il Bacio della Medusa is one of the most popular italian bands from prog rock realm with 3 albums released so far. Discesa agl'inferi d'un giovane amante is their second offer from 2008. This album got a lot of big aplauses world wide, is considered one of the masterpieces of our days, but really to me was an only fair good album, nothing more, nothing less. When I first listen to this release I said what the heck, this sound like it was released in 1973 or around that period not in 2008. Vintage symphonic prog is all about here, ok is well played , typical for italian school with romantic passages with a folkish atmosphere combined with more edgy ones, but all sounds very familiar to my ears. No ground breaking arrangements, only ok . So, no particular pieces is in front, all has same value, all are good but far from masterpiece status as many saw in this release, I know many italian symphonic prog bands that are far more intresting. 3 stars.
b_olariu | 3/5 |