Comedy Of Errors - Fanfare & Fantasy CD (album) cover

Comedy Of Errors

5 stars Avec tambours et trompettes.

The French saying for: 'With a Bang'.

Comedy of Errors is proving a lot with this record: they can play, they can sing, they carve marvelous melodies and they know how put it on tape. Ahead of the early Marillion they obviously love, they gone forward by injecting more and more of their digital print. Unlike other bands, Comedy is snooping more genres than the neo-progressive: I hear lushious symphonic movements a la Yes and Glass Hammer, neo-classical arpeggios (keyboard and guitar) and even medieval winks here and there.

You really get your head full of goodies with this album: catchy vocal and instrumental hooks, colorful keyboards (personnally my favorite aspect) and lushious art cover. If this is the future of independant recording, well, count me in. With this album, they're showing what they are capable of and won the difficult challenge of the 'dreadful second album'.

Comedy of Errors is one of my biggest hope for the future of the genre and they deserve a giant '#1 foam hand' for their effort!

Menswear | 5/5 |