Ian Anderson - Walk Into Light  CD (album) cover

WALK INTO LIGHT

Ian Anderson

Prog Folk

sukmytoe
2 stars "Fly By Night" - I like this track a great deal. It is very much up beat electronic music accompanied by Anderson's warm vocals. "Made in England" Is a sort of majestic track that is very powerful in parts. "Walk into Light" - I don't really go for this track at all, it's too bop pop for me. "Trains" - as with the previous track I don't go for this, it's an upbeat pop song. "End game" this track is a little more interesting than the previous two but not to any great extent. "Black and White Television" is a dramatic sounding track that partly holds my attention. "Toad in the Hole" again a partly interesting track to me. "Looking for Eden" isn't a bad track at all, in fact I quite like it. "User-friendly" is a pleasant enough upbeat bit of vocal accompanied electronica. "Different Germany" The longest track on the album and it's good in parts.

This is not an album that I will ever listen to again as there is very little on it that holds my interest apart from the two openers and the last track. I'm not a fan of electronic percussion and the album is very pop music flavored in style and result. There is nothing that causes my ears to orgasm here. It isn't a 1 star album in that it is a pleasant fluffy listen but I can't award this more than 2 stars.

sukmytoe | 2/5 |