Porcupine Tree - Up The Downstair CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars Now here is a recording which works very well on a multiple of levels and to this day still confuses me when I listen to it. Steve WILSON blends techno-pop with psychedelia and creates a real prog classic. This is one of PORCUPINE TREE most complete works and offers the listener quite a wide variety. Several songs transform into dark techno sounds, but WILSON ensures that he does not cross over into the Hip-Hop genre. This is what really makes the album work so well for me. All songs are well written and delivered with a high degree of musical talent as exemplified in all of PORCUPINE TREE's releases. "Up The Downstair" is a fitting title for this album and I love the journey everytime...
loserboy | 4/5 |