Ritual - The Hemulic Voluntary Band CD (album) cover

4 stars I did not expect such a good job, original and transcendent of this modest band. Power, finesse, richness instrumental.

The album introduces with two pieces consistent and energetic, with gentle piano sections In The Wild, very successful.

The next topic, Late in November, is an acoustic gem. Guitars, harmonica, flute to coat a beautiful lyric. The Groke is somewhere in between. With drums protagonists, and Harmonium in parts implemented. Waiting by the Bridge is entertaining and enjoyable, not great, but plays a good role in the whole work.

The last issue, A Dangerous Journey, is superb, singular. Very acoustic and additional instruments achieved a special atmosphere. It grows in intensity and changing direction cohesively. A very good suite overflowing imagination and never loses interest. Magnificent!

Although, as I wrote before, Lundström's voice is not my greatest pleasure, but in Ritual I find it more acceptable than Kaipa. Maybe it's the texture of the songs.

sinslice | 4/5 |