Magma - Attahk CD (album) cover

ATTAHK

Magma

Zeuhl

progressive
3 stars This is the worst Magma I've heard and for that I almost gave 2 stars - but Magma is always good (this could get 4 too, but the extraordinarity just doesn't hit anymore - after listening other Magma stuff). This can be considered as a weird pop album. Although the structures are nice and there's enough modification, it's maybe too straightforward. Album gets bonus from woman-singing (although it can be thought as awful). And the album is sympathetic (not enough).

But to say about pop album,, #2 Spiritual (Negro song) is a bit artificial - "let's get some gospel in this". Same is to say about #3 Rind(Ű?) (Eastern Song). But this song is also good, when transforming into #4 Lir´´k Necronomicus Kanht (in which our heroes OURGON & ĞORĞO meet). It is refreshing to hear this song, but it is not very good actually, or funny. But at the end of this song 4:39 -> rhytm goes nuts and I like it!

#5 Maahnt (The wizard's fight versus the devil) is someway the best song, but still comes after the first song. Literal, song sounds like fight. It sounds like techno, and it could be in some funny fantasy video with some magic and post-modern jokes. A hit! This song is also musically nice, and very cool with its weird human noises and layers of melodies. PS. the start of the song is like Who's song beginnings. Worth listening!

#6 Donda´ (to an eternal love) is like a streched love song. Not bad, but not very special - although maybe one of its kind.

#7 Nono (1978, phase II) 2:46 -> the song is very likeable. I just don't like no-no-no.. and. I've had enough with all this weird language (when it's sang like this)

#1 The Last Seven Minutes (1970-71, phase I) has the most Magma-elements in this album, and it's rather good. It has also funky rap parts.

progressive | 3/5 |